Sunday, April 14, 2013

Time

I am often asked when Innswich will be finished.

The best answer I have is, "when it can be".

To paraphrase some friends, I've been teased that I "drag my feet" on Innswich and other projects. As Minecraft is a hobby, I do not place it above such things as academic performance, or cooking dinner for and spending time with my wonderful girlfriend. Those things are more pressing and will always be more important. Minecraft is a game, and not an easy one to work with.

On a weekly basis, I find that I have maybe 2 whole days out of 7 which I can work on Minecraft. On at least 1 of those "free" days, I am often, but not always, in need of rest despite my desire to work. Very frequently, something pops up, and that day is consumed without so much as touching the launcher. Texelelf's filters in MCEdit save a lot of time, though. I can do a lot of work without even opening Minecraft.

Time is the overarching issue here. Until I get out of school, I simply cannot spare the time on KOTS:3 or other big maps. At best, I could shunt some time aside for a City of Love style project, but only because the redstone tech is already finished.

I need a better hobby.

1 comment:

  1. Take your time. We'll wait because we know it'll be worth it :D

    ReplyDelete